Surgery is performed in Burien, WA
What is breast augmentation?
There is an increasing number of women that want to make themselves look curvier and more attractive by increasing their breast size, and they have achieved this with the help of Dr. Brecht. Breast augmentation is a procedure that is used to increase breast size by placing breast implants behind the breast tissues or underneath the muscles of the chest. Aside from improving their self-image, some women in turn to breast augmentation to reconstructed breast tissues after being affected by breast cancer or other conditions.
What Issues Can Breast Augmentation Surgery Correct?
The main reasons why patients undergo breast augmentation is because of the following:
- They want to enhance the way their breasts look, if they think that they are too small or not proportional to each other.
- Other women use breast augmentation to improve the appearance of their breasts after pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Breast augmentation is the leading type of procedure for reconstructing breast tissues after a woman undergoes breast surgery. It can also help improve genetic deformities in breast tissues.
Breast Augmentation Before and After Photos
What happens during breast augmentation?
Nowadays, breast augmentation is typically an outpatient procedure that requires local or general anesthesia.
- During the actual procedure, the doctor begins by making an incision in one of these three areas: under the patient’s arm, around the patient’s nipple, or along the crease of the patient’s breast.
- After the appropriate incision is made, the breast tissue will be separated from the connective tissues and muscles of the chest to create a pocket where the implants will go. Implant pockets are generally located behind the chest wall or behind the breast tissues.
- The implants will be inserted into the implant pocket and adjusted so that they are centered behind the nipples.
- The incisions will be closed using stitches, surgical tape, or skin adhesives.
What are the types of implants used in breast augmentation?
Typically, breast augmentation makes use of saline implants and silicone implants.
Saline implants will be inserted empty into the implant pockets and then subsequently filled with a sterile saline solution up to the desired size.
Silicone implants, on the other hand, are inserted already pre-filled with the sterile silicone gel.
Where is the breast implant placed during breast augmentation surgery?
The placement of breast implants is based on the body type and the desired result of each patient. But, there are two types of surgery where the implant is surgically implanted either under your chest muscle (subpectoral) or, less commonly, under your breast tissue (subglandular).
What Should I Expect at my Breast Augmentation Consultation?
To determine the appropriate range of implant size, during the consultation, your surgeon will provide options based on your chest and breast diameter as well as your desired results.
What should I expect after breast augmentation?
Immediately after breast augmentation, the patient is expected to experience swelling, bruising, and soreness at the sites of surgery that may last for a few weeks. During the recovery period, compression garments are recommended to help bring the swelling down, provide support, as well as to keep the breast implants in position. Strenuous activities are discouraged because the breasts will be highly sensitive at this time and could be harmed by unnecessary physical contact. Patients must also be on the lookout for signs of infection such as redness at the surgical site or fever, and seek immediate medical attention to help keep it in check.